School Admission – Reception to Year 6

School admissions are managed by the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham for Reception to Year 6. If you would like your child to attend our school, you will need to either visit a One Stop Shop (our nearest one is at Dagenham Heathway) or download & complete a form from the Borough website. The link to the Borough website is provided below.

As part of your child’s induction to starting at Roding Primary School, we are able to give tours of our school.  This gives you the opportunity to ask any questions, meet our wonderful staff and children and to have a look around our school grounds. Please speak to our Family Liaison Practitioners to book an appointment.

We have created a virtual tour (created by the children of the school) to give you an idea of the school facilities and atmosphere.  You can view the video below.

Nursery Admission information

If you would like your child to attend the school Nursery, please contact the site you would like your child to attend. For Nursery admissions, the school uses the same arrangements as the Borough for considering applications for a place, however there is no right to appeal. Please use the link below which provides full information on the criteria used.

Admissions Both Sites

Cannington Site

Hewett Site

Nursery Admissions 

Have you registered your child for Nursery 2022?

Was your child born between September 2018 – August 2019?

If so please enquire at the office on how to register your child for a morning or afternoon nursery place.

Telephone: 020 8270 6640



Nursery 30 Hours

Our Cannington Nursery is to children whose parents are entitled to 30 hours free child care.

The eligibility criteria are below:

You can usually get 30 hours free childcare if you (and your partner, if you have one) are:

  • in work – or getting parental leave, sick leave or annual leave
  • each earning at least the National Minimum Wage or Living Wage for 16 hours a week – this is £125.28 if you’re over 25 (This earnings limit does not apply if you’re self-employed and started your business less than 12 months ago.)

You’re not eligible if:

  • your child does not usually live with you
  • either you or your partner has a taxable income over £100,000
  • you’re from outside the EEA and your UK residence card says you cannot access public funds If you foster your child, you cannot apply online for 30 hours free childcare.

Speak to your social worker and your local authority if you want to apply. You can get 30 hours free childcare at the same time as claiming Universal Credit, tax credits, childcare vouchers or Tax-Free Childcare.

Also, if you cannot work…

You may still be eligible if your partner is working, and you get Incapacity Benefit, Severe Disablement Allowance, Carer’s Allowance or Employment and Support Allowance.

Therefore, if you believe you are eligible, and you want to express an interest, please email: Subject: 30 hours

Or call 0208 270 4010 or 0208 270 6640 and leave your names and details.

We will send further information when you have expressed an interest.