Parents/guardians of all new starters to the school are required to accept and sign the following document to give permission for their child/ren to use the schools computing equipment and to have their photo taken.
As the parent/carer of a child at Roding Primary School, I grant permission for my child to have access to the internet, school approved e-mail account and other ICT facilities at school.
I know that my child has agreed to the Acceptable Usage Policy and that they have a copy of this, plus the SMART guidelines in class (see below).
I accept that ultimately the school cannot be held responsible for the nature and content of materials accessed through the internet and mobile technologies, but I understand that the school will take whatever reasonable precaution to keep pupils safe and prevent pupils from accessing inappropriate materials. These steps include using an educationally filtered service, restricted access e-mail*, employing appropriate teaching practice and teaching e-safety skills to pupils.
I understand that the school can check my child’s computer files, and the internet sites they visit, and if the school has concerns about my child’s safety or e-behaviour they will contact me.
I will support the school by promoting safe use of the internet and digital technology at home and will inform the school if I have any concerns over my child’s safety.
Additional information on e-safety can be found on the school’s website, please use the following link to go straight to this information.
I give my parental/carer permission to take and use digital imagery and audio files of children for school purposes, including, but not limited to:
- the website and blogs;
- learning opportunities within the classroom;
- record of practical skills development in books and learning journeys;
- in display material in and around the school premises;
- in printed documentation, including promotional material;
- on any future learning platforms.
I understand that images and audio files of my child may be kept by the school to show good practice and for use on the school website, printed documentation and learning environments, and that my child’s full name will not be used when saving these in the file names, online or in any school produced and published materials/DVDs. I understand that these are stored in a central secure location on the school servers ensuring easy removal when they leave the school. If we, or you, wanted your child’s image linked to their full name we would contact you separately for permission, e.g. if your child won a competition and was asked to be named in a local newspaper.
- As the parent or carer of the above pupil, I grant permission for my child to have access to use the internet, school approved email account* (KS2) and other computing facilities at school.
- I know that my child has had an Acceptable Use Agreement explained to them and has accepted this. They will receive ongoing e-safety education to help them understand the importance of safe use of technology and the internet – both in
- I understand that the school will take every reasonable precaution, including monitoring and filtering systems, to ensure that young people will be safe when they use the internet and computing systems. I also understand that the school cannot ultimately be held responsible for the nature and content of materials accessed on the internet and using mobile technologies.
- I understand that my child’s activity on the ICT systems can be monitored and that the school will contact me if they have concerns about any possible breaches of the Acceptable Use Policy.
- I will encourage my child to adopt safe use of the internet and digital technologies at home and will inform the school if I have concerns over my child’s safety.
* At our school we use the School Google accounts to provide pupil email accounts. Pupils receive a Google account in Year 1 and access the email element of that from Year 3. The email system is ‘safe’ as pupils cannot send emails outside the school but it can be adapted to allow for wider communications when appropriate. Teachers and technical staff can access pupils’ email accounts for monitoring purposes. Pupils are told to keep their email login details private, and not to give out their email address to strangers.
- As the parent or carer of the above pupil, I grant permission for images and audio recordings of my child to be used for school purposes.
- I understand that these may be kept by the school to show good practice and for use on the school website, printed documentation and learning environments.
- I understand that my child’s full name will not be used when saving these in the file names, online or in any school produced and published materials/DVDs.
- I understand that digital images and audio files of children are stored in a central secure location on the school servers.
- I understand that if the school receives a request for my child’s image linked to their full name they would contact me separately for permission.