Covid-19 (Coronavirus) Advice and Information
While the school is closed and we are not able to support our community directly due to social distancing, we have tried to gather the most recent information and current Government guidance on the Covid-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic on this page. We have also included links to useful information to support yourselves and your children while at home.
Please remember, although the school is closed to the majority of our children, we are not closed to the school community. If you need any help or assistance, please contact the school via the Hewett Road Site telephone number: 0208 270 6640 or the office email address: email@example.com.
Test and Trace Support Payment scheme
Information on the Test and Trace Support Payment scheme can be found at the link below:
If you are eligible for support payments you should ring the Self isolation service hub on 0203 743 6715
Reception Reading Meetings
September 2020 Return to School
During September 2020 all children are expected to return to school. The following page contains all of the updated information from the school to help our school community return to full time education.
DFE Free School Meals Summer Voucher Documents
Keeping Safe in School
Movement around the sites - Maps
Roding Child Protection and Safeguarding guidance during closure
We take the safeguarding of our children very seriously and will be upholding the same standards throughout this time of school closure. This is the information that has been provided to all staff over this period:
All staff on site during the partial closure who are made aware of a CP/safeguarding issue for one of the children who is in school will follow the usual school guidance. An outline of the process is given below:
What to do if a child discloses something to you
- Reassure the child.
- Listen so an accurate account can be given of what was said.
- Tell the child the information will need to be shared so that their concern could be dealt with.
- Depending on the disclosure, refer directly to a member of the designated safeguarding team. This could include physical abuse with visual marking, witness to domestic violence or sexual abuse.*
- Complete a CPOMS incident in as much detail as possible in all instances of disclosure including inadequate food or hygiene, emotional abuse & other physical abuse.
If you are concerned about the conduct of a member of staff.
- Report concerns to the Lead person on site; if the concern is about the site head report to the executive head who will take the necessary steps. This will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
- For further information and advice, please visit:
*During this time of closure, once once there has been a disclosure from the child please contact the lead person on site (usually a DSL) or the relevant site DSL for further advice.
Hewett Road Site
Cannington Road Site
If there is a concern that the child is at immediate risk and the DSLs are not contactable call Ext 3811 immediately – this is the social services triage line, explain everything to them and they will be able to provide advice and act quickly.
They may ask for a completed Multi Agency Referral Form (MARF) – this is not difficult and can be completed online via the link below (access to Integris for the child’s details is required in order to complete the MARF).
Department for Education Coronavirus helpline - this helpline has been set up to answer questions about the virus related to education. Staff, parents and young people can contact the helpline.
- Phone: 0800 046 8687
- Email: DfE.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opening hours: 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday)