How are teachers and classroom assistants trained to work with children with SEND?
- All staff receive regular training to improve teaching and learning.
- SENDCos are available to support teachers to plan for children with SEND.
- Whole school training (INSET) is used to deliver training where a need is identified.
- Individual teachers and classroom assistants are sent on courses, where available, to help them support children with specific difficulties.
- Schools can request support and training from borough advisory staff and outside agencies e.g. Educational Psychologists, Speech Therapists, etc.