Gangs Awareness Training
The Met police are running in Gang and Exploitation Awareness course for Parents.
The dates for this course are THURSDAYS 26th November, 3rd December and 10th December 2020 at 7:30-9:30pm.
The course will discuss the following topics:
- What street gangs are and what they do.
- To understand some of the language/social media used by gangs and young people.
- Looking into the term “county lines”
- The different stages of exploitation and recognise some of the signs and symptoms of children who may have been exploited.
- Stress responses and behaviour.
- Some of the reasons children may be more vulnerable to exploitation by gangs and the link to childhood trauma.
- The trauma experienced by children and young people involved in gang lifestyles.
- “Attachment” and the need for strong, nurturing attachments between parent/caregiver and child.
- Resilience in children.
- Parenting tools.
- Why our children may resist help/support from services.
To book your space please register here.