Street Tag is a child and family friendly initiative that rewards physical activities at home by converting your steps into Street Tag points. The app help you to build up to get rewards for being physically active at home (by uploading videos), and also rewards outdoor social distancing walking, running, cycling by earning virtual tag points to climb your schools leaderboard.
This programme will revolve around schools, streets, green spaces, leisure centres and is a competition amongst schools involving all of the children, parents and the school staff.
Steps to join the School Team.
- Download the App “Street Tag” from Play Store/ App Store.
- Click on sign up.
- Fill in your details.
- Password should be at least 8 characters with 1 special character, 1 upper case and 1 number.
- Click YES for Team QR Code.
- Scan the school QR Code.
- Click Sign Up
- Verify either with email or phone number.
- Fill in the questionnaire.
- You are ready to go.
Features of the App
- FREE App (Available on App Store/Play store to download)
- Players (Teachers, staff, children and parents) create a profile using a unique QR code of a school team, there can be up to 250 players in each school team.
- During the Street Tag experience, players record their distance walked, ran or cycled by scanning virtual tags with their smartphone at various locations, watching their total distance accumulate to climb up on the local leaderboard.
- Leaderboard: The leaderboard displays your school rank, and the amount of points your school has.
- Opportunity: The opportunity section is a way for all users to know what’s going on and new things they should look out for. When a new opportunity is placed by Street Tag, user gets a notification.
- Dashboard: You can see yours teams scores and individual players score. Miles / distance covered, steps points and PEpoints earned.
- PEcode: You can redeem PEpoints through this feature. PEcodes can be found in exercise videos posted by ourselves on our social channels and in the videos of our partners, and in participating fitness coaches Livestream videos.
- Fitbit sync Points: You do not require a Fitbit if you don't have one, just the Fitbit app will do. Install the Fitbit app and create an account for the Sync connection. Once you open the Street Tag app, tap on the Fitbit icon on the home screen, connect your Fitbit app account to enable auto-sync. All you must do now is ensure you open the Street Tag app at least once a day and your steps so far for that day will be automatically converted into Street Tag points.
- Tags can be seen on main screen map. Tags are yellow. Once they are scanned, they turn red. A tag cannot be re scanned within an hour.