Wellbeing and staying healthy
- Wash your hands often – with soap and water for at least 20 seconds (sing 'Happy Birthday' twice), or an alcohol-based sanitiser if soap and water aren’t available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the home.
- If you become unwell and suspect that you may have the virus, self isolate for 7 days if you live alone and for 14 days if you live with others.
- If you feel unwell, stay at home even if you are a key worker.
- If you’re worried about your symptoms, please go to the NHS 111 website – don’t call 111 or go directly to your GP or other healthcare environment.
Thrive Wellbeing resources to use at home
Thrive have produced some weekly ideas of activities for parents to do at home with their children.
10 Tips to help if you are worried about Coronavirus
The coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak may cause you to feel anxious, stressed, worried, sad, helpless, overwhelmed, confused or angry. It's important to remember it is OK to feel this way and that everyone reacts differently to different events.
There are some simple things you can do to help you take care of your mental health and wellbeing during times of uncertainty – and doing so will help you think clearly and make sure you are able to look after yourself and those you care about.
Here are 10 ways you can help improve your mental health and wellbeing if you are worried or anxious about the coronavirus outbreak.
9 Tips For Helping Your Child Manage Their Emotions and Behaviour At Home
(Okay, the title's not catchy - but it does what it says on the tin.)
Beacon School Support has produced the attached booklet to enable parents to support their children at home during this time of uncertainty.
It's a short, easy-to-read booklet covering:
- Setting up positive routines in the home
- The importance of being active
- Setting and sticking to boundaries
- Balancing screen time with other activities
- Coaching children through strong emotions
- ...and more!
Remember, you are still able to contact the school via telephone or email and a member of staff will contact you back.
FREE CHILDREN'S BOOKS AND ACTIVITIES - Home Kit
An educational charity is giving away packs of 6 books to any parent or school which applies for their resources online- They are available in French, Spanish and English. They are totally free and focus on developing resilience, kindness and emotional intelligence amongst under 7s.