What happens when my child leaves the school or moves to a different class?
We recognise that transitions can be difficult for some children and we take steps to ensure that this is as smooth a process as possible.
When moving classes in school:
- At the end of the summer term the current and new class teacher meet in order to share all relevant information.
- The class are introduced to, and spend some time with, their new teacher.
- Transition meetings are held in the summer term for parents of:
- Reception children who will be moving into Y1;
- Nursery children who will be moving into reception.
If moving to another school:
- We contact the SENDCo at the new school to share relevant information and organise any meetings or visits that are needed.
If arriving from another school:
- Visits and plans will be put in place depending on the needs of your child.
- In Year 6:
- The school works closely with the Secondary schools and follows the borough procedures for transfers.
- In addition secondary schools are invited to the final review of SEND children.
- At this review any extra support that children may need to help them with the move to secondary school can be put in place.